The opening date for submissions is September 1, 2016 and the deadline is
October 13, 2016 November 3, 2016. Please read the following carefully before making your submission.
Our conference is scheduled for February 19 – 22, 2017. The Student Research Colloquium is on Feb 19, 2017, the Main Conference is from Feb 20-21, 2017 and the Workshop is on Feb 22, 2017. The deadline for paper submissions, workshops and session proposals is October 13, 2016 November 3, 2016. The submission for review may be updated, edited and re-uploaded for 24 hours only, then it is sent out for review. Notification of acceptance will be sent on December 15, 2016. A draft program overview by thread will be published on the web soon after notification is sent. The tentative program with presentation times will be posted on the web on January 5, 2017.
THE SCOPE OF THE WEB PORTAL
Please use the Web Portal for submitting all works to be presented in conference or poster format and for workshop proposals. Please also consult the thread descriptions. Additionally, please send convened and other special session proposal submissions directly to the Program Chairs. If for some reason the online Web Portal does not fit your submission need, please e-mail your proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org
THE SUBMISSION PROCEDURE
The submission procedure is straightforward. There are three steps:
1) Log in using your email address and password. Review existing or provide new contact information as requested. Retain your log-in information for future use.
2) Provide paper information about the work you are submitting. On the User Menu page find the “New Submission” button, first choose the submission type: Conference Paper, Workshop Submission or Student Research Colloquium Paper, followed by clicking on the “New Submission” button. Select two threads, to which your paper most closely belongs, then “Continue to Paper Information Entry.” Provide the title, abstract, paper length, list of author(s), designated presenter and more; then “Submit.”
3) Upload one or more of your files (a .pdf file for review and a supporting materials file, both without author information). This page will show your submission ID and has a form to browse for the files you will upload. The file for review can only be updated within 24 hours of submission.
4) After acceptance by December 15, 2016 please provide the most up-to-date version of your work (containing author information) to be posted on the web in advance of the conference. Presentation slides may also be uploaded in advance of the conference. The details about these procedures will be e-mailed to the contact authors in the future.
It is strongly advised that you prepare your files for upload BEFORE YOU BEGIN FILLING OUT THE ONLINE FORM.
INFORMATION FOR THE ONLINE FORMS
You will be asked to provide
- your email address and password
- your contact information
- name/Author ID of a designated presenter
- name/Author ID of the contact author
- name(s)/Author ID(s) of all co-authors
- link information
- your choice of two topic threads from a list that would best fit your work
- type of contribution
- the presentation format you think would best fit your work
- author(s) brief bio and photo (optional)
PREPARING THE FILES FOR UPLOAD
For the review process, please upload one or two files for each submission.
- File for review
- Supporting materials
Important: The size limit for EACH of the files you will upload is 2 (two) megabytes. The server will reject files that are bigger than 2 MB and you will not be able to upload those files. Please make sure that the size of each file is less than 2 MB.
Presentation slides should be either a PowerPoint or Adobe Acrobat file. Slides will be available to the Session Chairs, and as part of the live conference schedule, but will not be archived in the Web Proceedings. Providing these gives a quick preview of what you will present to encourage people to attend your talk or visit your poster. Please make sure that the file size is less than 2 MB.
For the paper version to be included in the Web Proceedings, we are asking you to upload files that include all author information (.pdf and the supporting materials). Adherence to the file size of 2 megabytes each is still required. Please refer to the Formatting Guidelines for Authors. The Web Proceedings will be available on the our website AFTER the conference. This allows authors time to incorporate review and conference suggestions into the Web Proceedings paper.
FILLING OUT THE ONLINE FORM AND UPLOADING THE FILES
Once you are logged into the Web Portal proceed to the “New Submission” button and the subsequent online forms. While uploading files, occasionally there are delays, and the upload process may take several minutes. Please do not press the “Submit” or “Upload File(s)” buttons more than once. Use the “Browse” buttons to navigate.
Use this same page to submit your early draft and to submit the final version paper to be included in the Web Proceedings.
You will receive a short automated email message confirming your paper has been uploaded. If you subsequently update your paper, a confirming message will be sent then as well. If you use the arrow keys to navigate back and forth within the Web Portal, you may receive an erroneous duplicate message regarding updating a file. Please ignore.
IN CASE OF QUESTIONS AND PROBLEMS Please contact us at email@example.com
Thank you for your submission to the 2nd Asia-Pacific Region System Dynamics Conference 2017. See you in Singapore!